Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sir Duke


Motown Superstar Stevie Wonder will receive the Gershwin Award for Popular song on February 29, 2009. He will be the second recipient of the award after Paul Simon in 2007 which is given by the Library of Congress to recognize a musician‘s lifetime of work.

James Billington of the Library of Congress in a statement said that, the prize is to “honor an artist whose work transcends musical styles to bring diverse listeners together and foster mutual understanding.”

Songs like "You Are the Sunshine of My Life," "My Cherie Amour, ""Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I'm Yours," "Superstition," and "I Just Called to say I Love You" have indeed transcend generations and endeared him to music lovers all over the world.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails